TheBaseballPage.com

Arlington Stadium 1965 - 1994

The stadium was built in 1965 as Turnpike Stadium, a minor league ballpark seating 10,000 people named for the nearby Dallas-Fort Worth Turnpike (Interstate-30 aka Tom Landry Highway). The Fort Worth Cats of the Texas League moved there as the Dallas-Fort Worth Spurs, and played there for the next seven years, setting many Texas League attendance records, especially after it expanded to 20,500 seats in 1970. In 1971, the Washington Senators, moved to Texas and called Arlington Stadium their home until 1994. 

 

By Tom Hannon
Arlington Stadium 1965 - 1994

Arlington Stadium 1965 - 1994

More From Around the Web

This day in baseball history

January 30

  • 1987

    On January 30, 1987, the Oakland A’s acquire veteran third ...

  • 1978

    On January 30, 1978, Commissioner Bowie Kuhn cancels the rec ...

  • 1959

    On January 30, 1959, the Pittsburgh Pirates acquire pitcher ...

More Baseball History
 
Tagged:
Arlington Stadium, Nolan Ryan, Texas Rangers

Comments

Login or register to post comments

Share US

Share |

Today's Poll

Will Red Sox Repeat in 2014: