Exhibition Stadium was actually the fourth stadium to be built on the site since 1879. The covered north-side grandstand was constructed in 1948, followed by a south bleacher section for football in 1959. When converted for football in 1959, the stadium seated 33,150. The stadium was reconfigured again in the mid-1970s to allow the expansion Toronto Blue Jays to play there, with additional seating opposite the covered grandstand on the first base side and curving around to the third base side. It was the only major league stadium where the bleachers were covered but the main grandstand was not.By WIKI
More From Around the Web
On June 30, 1995, Eddie Murray of the Cleveland Indians coll ...
On June 30, 1986, the New York Yankees acquire journeyman ou ...
On June 30, 1979, the fledgling Inter-American League folds ...