Exhibition Stadium was actually the fourth stadium to be built on the site since 1879. The covered north-side grandstand was constructed in 1948, followed by a south bleacher section for football in 1959. When converted for football in 1959, the stadium seated 33,150. The stadium was reconfigured again in the mid-1970s to allow the expansion Toronto Blue Jays to play there, with additional seating opposite the covered grandstand on the first base side and curving around to the third base side. It was the only major league stadium where the bleachers were covered but the main grandstand was not.By WIKI
More From Around the Web
On December 17, 1992, the Minnesota Twins sign hometown nati ...
On December 17, 1975, Chicago White Sox owner Bill Veeck hir ...
On December 17, 1935, the Boston Red Sox acquire future Hall ...