Factor12 Leaders: Week 14
The Factor12 Rating (F12) is an analytic measurement utilizing league average performance to compare the value of all MLB pitchers on 60ft6in.com.
The 83rd All-Star game in Kansas City took place on Tuesday night, limiting the schedule of regular season games played for the past week. There were no changes to the F12 Top5 from the previous week.
(1) Justin Verlander retains the number one spot after starting the All-Star game for the American League. Fortunately, those statistics (1 IP/ 5ER) do not count toward regular season totals. The 2011 AL Cy Young award winner leads MLB with a 31.077 F12 Rating.
(2) R.A. Dickey pitched a scoreless sixth inning for the NL All-Stars. The knuckleball specialist currently has a 12-1 record, 2.40 ERA, and 0.93 WHIP.
(3) Chris Sale hurled a spotless inning of relief for the AL All-Stars. The White Sox ace is currently 10-2, with a 2.19 ERA and 0.96 WHIP.
(4) Matt Cain started the 83rd Mid-Summer Classic for the NL squad, pitching two scoreless innings en route to the victory. The right-hander rewarded his league with home field advantage in the 2012 World Series.
(5) Stephen Strasburg rounds out the Top 5 list with a 29.868 F12 Rating. The Washington Nationals faced Robinson Cano, Josh Hamilton, Jose Bautista, and Prince Fielder during his successful All-Star game debut.
More From Around the Web
On May 23, 1989, Bo Jackson of the Kansas City Royals hits a ...
On May 23, 1978, Oakland A’s manager Bobby Winkles quits h ...
On May 23, 1970, the San Francisco Giants fire manager Clyde ...