(“Terms”) governs our relationship with users and others who interact with The Baseball Page (“TBP”). By using or accessing The Baseball Page, you agree to comply with these terms. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Table of Contents
- An active registered user is a user who has logged into TBP at least once in the previous 30 days.
- Advertising is defined as any ad or promotion for a company, event, organization, product or service other than TBP.
- Application is defined as any application or website that uses or accesses a platform, as well as anything else that receives or has received data from us. If you no longer access platform but have not deleted all data from us, the term application will apply until you delete the data.
- Content is defined as anything you post on TBP.
- Data is defined as content and information that third parties can retrieve from TBP or provide to TBP through a platform.
- Information is defined as facts and other information about you.
- Platform is defined as a set of APIs and services that enable others, including application developers and website operators, to retrieve data from TBP or to provide data to TBP.
- Post is defined as putting data on TBP or otherwise make available to TBP (such as by using an application).
- TBP (and/or The Baseball Page) – is defined as the features and services available, through (a) the website at www.thebaseballpage.com and any other TBP branded or co-branded websites (including sub-domains, international versions, widgets, and mobile versions); (b) the TBP platform; (c) social plugins such as the like button, the share button and other similar offerings and (d) other media, software (such as a toolbar), devices, or networks now existing or later developed.
- Use is defined as use, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
- User is defined as anyone how has set up a user account on TBP.
You own all of the content and information you post on TBP.
Any content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP content); you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with TBP (IP License). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
When you publish content or information (other when you specifically indicate it is private) it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of TBP to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture). TBP has the right to promote your content to appear on other parts of the website other than where you origianlly posted it (for example, if you post a great blog, we can promote it to show in the main blog section of our site).
If you use an associated application, your content and information may be shared with the application. Your agreement with the entity that provides access to that application will control how the application can use, store, and transfer that content and information.
TBP strives to offer and create a community where all participants can participate safely while having fun with baseball. If you observe anyone using the site inappropriately, please contact us at email@example.com or use the ‘flag as inappropriate’ field on the relevant page. The following rules apply.
- We cannot guarantee your safety when using TBP. You should use common sense and prudence when interacting with other users on the site.
- You will not use TBP to do anything unlawful, discriminatory, malicious or misleading.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not post content that: is hateful, threatening, pornographic, or contains violence.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of TBP, such as a denial of service attack.
- You will not send or otherwise post unauthorized spam.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access TBP, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers).
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any of the activities listed above.
We are a community and need your active participation so we encourage you to register with us to be able to use the full functionality of the site. Knowing who you are is important so we have the ability to contact you if necessary. Please read our policy on privacy. The following rules apply.
- You will not provide any false personal information on TBP,
- You will not create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- You may use your personal profile to advertise and promote your company, but TBP reserves the right to limit and/or deactivate your account if your content is deemed inappropriate at TBP’s sole discretion.
- You will not use TBP if you are under 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under age 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We strongly recommend that minors 13 years of age or older ask their parents for permission before sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet.
- You will not use TBP if you are a convicted sex offender.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- You will not transfer your account to anyone without first getting our written permission.
- We reserve the right to remove your username if we believe it is inappropriate or infringes on someone else’s intellectual property.
As TBP is a community, we encourage the interaction of users. However, it is important that all users respect other users’ right to enjoy a safe, legal, appropriate experience. You should contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns. The following rules apply.
- You will not post content or take any action on TBP that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
- If you infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
- We can remove any content or information you post on TBP if we believe that it violates this Term, at TBP’s sole discretion.
- If we remove your content for infringing someone else's copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to appeal our decision.
- You will not post anyone's personal or financial information on TBP.
- You will not use our copyrights or trademarks including TBP, TheBaseballPage, or The Baseball Page, or any similar marks, without our written permission.
TBP is freely available on the internet worldwide. Each country has its own applicable laws regarding the internet. You should contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns. The following rules apply.
- You agree to use TBP consistent with all local laws of the city, state and/or country you are located in.
- You consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States.
- You understand that people from any country may interact with you.
- If you are located in a country embargoed by the United States, or are on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals you will not engage in commercial activities on TBP (such as advertising or payments) or operate an application that interacts on TBP’site.
The TBP community will benefit from the ability to use related applications and websites. However, it is important that users experience the same safe, productive environment that they enjoy on TBP, when they interact with integrated applications and websites. You should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns. If you are a developer or operator of an application or website, the following terms apply to you.
- You are responsible for your application, its content and its uses. It must be consistent with TBP’s sports community content. No illegal or offensive material, as determined by TBP at its sole discretion, may be offered.
- You must have all the legal rights to display, offer and integrate your application, its content and its uses.
- You will only request data you need to operate your application.
- Subject to certain restrictions, including on transfer, users give you their basic account information when they connect with your application. For all other data obtained through use of the TBP API, you must obtain explicit consent from the user who provided the data to us before using it for any purpose other than displaying it back to the user on your application.
- TBP messaging is designed for communication between users, and not a channel for applications to communicate directly with users unless users specifically opt-in to such communications.
- Ad networks, ad exchanges, and data brokers must have written permission from TBP to put applications or ads on the TBP site.
- You will not sell user data.
- You will delete all data you receive from us concerning a user if the user asks you to do so.
- We can require you to delete user data if you use it in a way that we determine is inconsistent with users’ expectations.
- You will not directly or indirectly transfer any data you receive from us to any ad network, ad exchange, data broker, or other advertising related toolset, without our permission or unless a user consents to that transfer or use.
- You will not give us information that you independently collect from a user or a user's content without that user's consent.
- You will make it easy for users to remove or disconnect from your application.
- You will make it easy for users to contact you.
- You will provide customer support for your application.
- You give us the right to link to or frame your application, and place content, including ads, around your application.
- You give us all rights necessary to enable your application to work with TBP including the right to incorporate content and information you provide to us into streams, profiles, and user news feeds.
- You will not reverse engineer or offer competing functionality that is part of the base TBP platform.
- You must not use or make derivative use of TBP icons, or use terms for TBP features and functionality, if such use could confuse users into thinking that the reference is to TBP features or functionality.
- Applications on TBP may not integrate, link to, promote, distribute, or redirect to any app on any other competing social platform.
- We give you all rights necessary to use the code, APIs, data, and tools you receive from us.
- You will not sell, transfer, or sublicense our code, APIs, or tools to anyone.
- We can limit your access to data and/or remove your application from TBP.
- You will not show third party ads or web search boxes on TBP
- You will not misrepresent your relationship with TBP to others.
- We can issue a press release describing our relationship with you.
- You can issue a press release describing our relationship with you upon receiving written approval from us.
- We can analyze your application, content, and data for any purpose, including commercial (such as for targeting the delivery of advertisements and indexing content for search).
- You must not circumvent (or claim to circumvent) our intended limitations on core TBP features and functionality.
- If you exceed, or plan to exceed, any of the following thresholds please contact us as you may be subject to additional terms: (>1M API calls per day) or (>.5M impressions per day).
- You must not give your secret key to another party, unless that party is an agent acting on your behalf as an operator of your application. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your account identifiers.
- To ensure your application is safe for users, we can audit it.
- We can create applications that offer similar features and services to, or otherwise compete with, your application.
- You will comply with all applicable laws.
TBP encourages companies and organizations to offer promotions to the community. You should contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
You are responsible for the lawful operation of that promotion, including:
- publicizing the official rules,
- documenting offer terms and eligibility requirements (e.g., age and residency restrictions),
- complying with regulations and laws governing the promotion and all prizes offered in connection with the promotion (e.g., registration and obtaining necessary regulatory approvals).
Promotions on TBP must include the following:
- acknowledgment that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, TBP,
- a statement that TBP is completely released of any liability or obligation by each entrant or participant,
- disclosure that the participant is providing information to your organization and not to TBP.
If you use TBP to communicate about or administer a promotion, the following rules apply:
- You must not use TBP features or functionality as a promotion’s registration or entry mechanism. For example, the act of liking a page cannot automatically register or enter a promotion participant.
- You must notify winners directly, without using TBP messages, or posts on profiles or news feeds.
- You may announce a winner, after the winner has been duly notified.
- You may not use TBP’s name, trademarks, trade names, copyrights, or any other intellectual property in connection with a promotion or mention TBP in the rules or materials relating to the promotion, except as needed to fulfill your obligations above.
We do not give your content or information to advertisers without your consent.
If you interact with an advertiser on TBP, make sure to read the disclosures carefully. Always be cautious when providing personal information over the internet. While we require advertisers to follow our advertising rules, we do not have control over their actions.
You understand that we may not always identify paid services and communications as such.
If you have any questions or concerns about advertising found on TBP, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES SOLD ON OR THROUGH TBP.
You can place advertisements on TBP or on our publisher network. If you have questions or wish to report inappropriate advertising, please contact us at email@example.com. TBP reserves the right to also place ads when, where and how we choose at our sole discretion. The following additional terms apply to you if you place an ad on your profile page or through our sponsorship programs.
TBP reserves the right to reject or remove advertising that we deem contrary to our ad philosophy. We may refuse ads at any time for any reason, including our determination that they promote competing products or services or negatively affect our business or relationship with our users.
These guidelines are subject to change at any time and TBP may waive any of these guidelines at its discretion. Ads must clearly represent the company, product, or brand that is being advertised.
Ads must directly relate to the content on the landing page. Products or services promoted in the ad must be directly available on the landing page.
Ads must not include unsubstantiated claims, including but not limited to prices, discounts or product availability.
Ads cannot insult, harass, or threaten a user.
Ads must not contain audio that plays automatically, without a user's interaction. Any automated animation must cease after 15 seconds and must not replay.
The following prohibitions apply:
- Ads must not be false, misleading, fraudulent, or deceptive.
- Ads will not be permitted in cases where a business model or practice is deemed unacceptable or contrary to TBP's overall advertising philosophy.
- Ads, or categories of ads, which receive a significant amount of negative user feedback, or are otherwise deemed in violation of community standards will not be permitted.
- Ads cannot contain, facilitate, promote, or reference the following:
- Offensive, profane, vulgar, obscene or inappropriate language;
- Obscene, defamatory, libelous, slanderous and/or unlawful content;
- Tobacco products;
- Ammunition, firearms, or weapons of any kind;
- Gambling, including without limitation, any online casino, sports books, bingo, or poker;
- Scams, illegal activity, or chain letters;
- Contests and sweepstakes unless they are consistent with TBP’s Promotions Policy
- Get rich quick and other money making opportunities that offer compensation for little or no investment, including "work from home" opportunities positioned as alternatives to part-time or full-time employment or promises of monetary gain with no strings attached;
- Adult content, including nudity, sexual terms and/or images of people in positions or activities that are excessively suggestive or sexual, or provocative images in violation of community standards;
- Adult friend finders or dating sites with a sexual emphasis; o Adult toys, videos, or other adult products;
- Content that depicts a health condition in a derogatory or inflammatory way or misrepresents a health condition in any way.
- Uncertified pharmaceutical products;
- Web-based non-accredited colleges that offer degrees;
- Inflammatory religious content;
- Hate, criminal and/or terrorist activities;
- Content that exploits political agendas or uses "hot button" issues for commercial use regardless of whether the advertiser has a political agenda;
- Hate speech, whether directed at an individual or a group, and whether based upon the race, sex, creed, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or language of such individual or group;
All advertisements must be done though an account/user log in.
Advertisers will not create or manage multiple TBP accounts for advertising purposes unless given permission by TBP to do so.
Advertisers will not programmatically automate the creation of accounts or ads unless given permission by TBP to do so.
Ads may contain a URL or domain in the body.
Ads must send users to the same landing page indicated in the ad when the ad is clicked.
Landing pages cannot generate a pop-up (including "pop-overs" and "pop-unders") when a user enters or leaves the page.
Landing pages cannot use "fake" close behavior (ie. when a user clicks the 'close' icon on the page, the page should close down and no other behavior should result).
Landing pages cannot utilize "mouse trapping" whereby the advertiser does not allow users to use their browser "back button" and traps them on their site and/or present any other unexpected behavior (for example: navigation to another ad or page).
Ads that require viewers to click on the ad to submit Personally Identifiable Information (such as name, date of birth, phone numbers, social security number, physical addresses, or email addresses) on the landing page or in the ad, must clearly identify who is requesting the information and what it will be used for.
The following conditions apply to all ads that have a TBP Page or application site as its destination.
Ads may make limited references to TBP in its title, body, or image for the purposes of clarifying the destination of the ad.
Ads cannot imply any endorsement of the product, service, or ad destination by TBP.
TBP site features cannot be emulated.
Any targeting of ads based on a user attribute, such as age, gender, location, or interest, must be directly relevant to the offer, and cannot be done by a method inconsistent with privacy and data policies.
Ads cannot be deceptive or fraudulent about any offer made.
If an ad includes a price, discount, or 'free' offer, the destination URL for the ad must link to a page that clearly and accurately offers the exact deal the ad has displayed; the ad must clearly state what action or set of actions is required to qualify for the offer.
The advertisement of Subscription Services must comply with the conditions noted below and as determined by TBP in its sole discretion. "Subscription Services" may include sites that promote downloading ringtones, games, or other entertainment services or any site that induces a user to sign up for recurring billing of a product or service. The promoted website must clearly and accurately display the price and billing interval (such as per week or once per month) on the landing page as well as any page that prompts a user for Personally Identifiable Information (such as name, date of birth, phone number, social security number, physical addresses, or email addresses) and/or billing information (including, but not limited to, mobile phone number or credit card number). The ad must clearly state what action or set of actions is required to qualify for the offer. This should be on the first page where the user enters personal data, and the user should not be able to proceed without opting in indicating that the user knowingly accepts the price and subscription service.
To the extent permitted by law and these guidelines, ads must be age and country targeted (where a user's age or country cannot be determined, the ad cannot be displayed to the user in question); comply with all applicable local laws and required or recommended industry codes, guidelines, licenses and approvals including, without limitations, those applicable to the advertising of alcohol tasting, giveaways of alcohol, or other giveaways as a reward for the purchase of alcohol; and include all applicable required or recommended disclaimers, notices, and warnings.
You must ensure that your alcohol ads never:
- Include content that is intended to appeal to anyone younger than the permissible targeted age group.
- Portray pregnant or nursing women;
- Contain ad creative that includes any person that is or appears to be under the age of 25,
- Be untruthful or misleading about alcoholic beverages, their use, effects or properties;
- Portray people consuming or encourage people to consume alcohol rapidly, in excess, or irresponsibly;
- Portray abstinence from alcohol consumption or moderate alcohol consumption negatively;
The advertiser must have intellectual property rights to the creative and be permitted to display such creative as advertising on the TBP Site. Ads cannot include any content that infringes upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary right.
Ads cannot contain, facilitate or promote 'spam' or other advertising or marketing content that violates applicable laws, regulations or industry standards.
Ads must not contain or link directly or indirectly to a site that contains spyware/malware downloads, whether initiated automatically or manually by the user, or other auto-initiated downloads.
- Ads cannot contain or link to a site that facilitates or promotes: Collection of information from a user's computer without the user's express consent;
- Collection or request of TBP usernames or passwords from any user;
- Proxying TBP usernames or passwords for the purpose of automating logins to the TBP site;
- Any software that results in an unexpected user experience, including but not limited to software which (i) "sneaks" onto a user's system and performs activities hidden to the user, (ii) may alter, harm, disable or replace any hardware or software installed on user's computer without express permission from the user, (iii) is bundled as a hidden component of other software whether free or for fee, (iv) automatically downloads without TBP's express prior approval, (v) presents any download dialog boxes without a user's express action, or (vi) may violate or infringe upon the intellectual property rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, patent or any other proprietary right.
3.2.11 Placing Paid Ads on The Baseball Page
When you place an Order, you will tell us the type of advertising you want to buy, the pages you wish to buy and the amount you are authorizing to spend. If we accept your Order, we will deliver your ads as inventory becomes available. The size, placement, and positioning of your ads will be determined at the time of your order. When you confirm a transaction on TBP, you agree to be bound by and pay for that transaction. You are responsible for any required taxes, fees, and shipping costs. All sales are final. If you order something that becomes unavailable before it can be provided to you, your only remedy is to receive a refund of your purchase price.
We do not guarantee the activity that your ads will receive, such as the number of clicks you will get. We cannot control how people interact with your ads, and are not responsible for click fraud or other improper actions that affect the cost of running ads.
You grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that is included in your ad for the term of your order. We can use your ads and related content and information for marketing or promotional purposes. Our license to run your ad will end when we have completed your Order. You understand, however, that if users have interacted with your ad, your ad may remain until the users delete it.
We may reject or remove any ad for any reason. You can cancel your Order at any time by notifying us through our Contact form... You are responsible for paying for those ads.
You will pay for all transactions with a credit card unless other arrangements are authorized, in writing, by TBP. When you make a payment, you authorize us (and our designated payment processor) to charge the full amount to the payment source you designate for the transaction. You also authorize us to collect and store it, along with other related transaction information. If you pay by debit card and your payment results in an overdraft or other fee from your bank, you are responsible for that fee. You are responsible for and agree to reimburse us for all reversals, charge-backs, claims, fees, fines, penalties and other liability incurred by us (including costs and related expenses) that were caused by or arising out of payments that you authorized or accepted. If your payment method fails or your account is past due, we may take steps to collect past due amounts using other collection mechanisms. You agree to pay all expenses associated with such collection, including reasonable attorneys' fees. Interest will accrue on any past due amounts at the rate of the lesser of 1% per month or the lawful maximum. We may contact your payment source issuer, law enforcement, or impacted third parties (including other users) and share details of any payments you are associated with if we believe doing so may prevent financial loss or a violation of law.
If you believe that an unauthorized or otherwise problematic transaction has taken place under your account, you agree to notify us immediately, so that we may take action to prevent financial loss. You waive all claims against us related to payments unless you submit the claim to us within 30 days after the charge.
When you sign up for TBP you provide us with your name, email, gender, and location. You will be able to connect with your followers. You will also be able to add a picture of yourself. In some cases we may ask for additional information for security reasons or to provide specific services to you. Once you register you can provide other information about yourself by connecting with, for example, your current city, favorite team or players.
Your user name and profile picture do not have privacy settings so it is easy for people to find you. If you are uncomfortable with sharing your profile picture, you should delete it (or not add one).
We only ask for your email address and only use this information to communicate with you.
Any personal information, other than your contact information, can be seen by anyone. You do not have to provide personal information other than the Contact Information.
Some information is publicly available information, like your name, profile picture, posts, pictures and connections. Such information may be accessed by everyone on the Internet (including people not logged into TBP), be indexed by third party search engines. Such information may also be associated with you, including your name and profile picture, even outside of TBP, such as on public search engines and when you visit other sites on the internet. If you delete content that you posted on TBP, it is removed from your TBP profile, but have no control over its use outside of TBP.
One of the primary reasons people use TBP is to share content with others. Examples include when you update your status, upload or take a photo, upload or record a video, share a link, make a comment, write something on someone’s wall, or send someone a message. Some of the content you share and the actions you take will show up on your friends’ home pages and other pages they visit. You understand that information might be reshared or copied by other users. Certain types of communications that you send to other users cannot be removed, such as messages. If you use an external source to publish information to TBP, you should check the privacy setting for that post, as it is set by that external source.
Even after you remove information from your profile or delete your account, copies of that information may remain viewable elsewhere to the extent it has been shared with others, or it was copied or stored by other users.
You can select a privacy setting for some posts you make using the privacy functionality on our site. If you decide not to select a privacy setting at the time you post the content, your content will be shared with anyone.
If you do not want us to store metadata associated with content you share on TBP (such as photos), please remove the metadata before uploading the content.
You may change or remove your profile information at any time by going to your profile page and clicking “Edit My Profile.” Information will be updated immediately.
If you want to stop using your account you may deactivate it. When you deactivate an account, no user will be able to see it, but it will not be deleted. We save your profile information (connections, photos, etc.) in case you later decide to reactivate your account. Many users deactivate their accounts for temporary reasons and in doing so are asking us to maintain their information until they return to TBP. You will still have the ability to reactivate your account and restore your profile in its entirety. You may deactivate your account on your profile edit page.
Even after you remove information from your profile or delete your account, copies of that information may remain viewable elsewhere to the extent it has been shared with others, or it was copied or stored by other users. However, your name will no longer be associated with that information on TBP. (For example, if you post something to another user’s profile and then you delete your account, that post may remain, but be attributed to an “Anonymous TBP User.”) Additionally, we may retain certain information to prevent identity theft and other misconduct even if deletion has been requested. If you have given third party applications or websites access to your information, they may retain your information to the extent permitted under their terms of service or privacy policies. But they will no longer be able to access the information through our Platform after you disconnect from them.
We keep track of some of the actions you take on TBP, such as adding followers, creating a photo album, indicating you “like” a post, or commenting on someone’s news feed. In some cases you are also taking an action when you provide information or content to us. For example, if you share a video, in addition to storing the actual content you uploaded, we might log the fact that you shared it.
When you access TBP from a computer, mobile phone, or other device, we may collect information from that device about your browser type, location, and IP address, as well as the pages you visit.
We use "cookies" (small pieces of data we store for an extended period of time on your computer, mobile phone, or other device) to make TBP easier to use, to make our advertising better, and to protect both you and TBP. For example, we use them to store your login ID (but never your password) to make it easier for you to login whenever you come back to TBP. We also use them to confirm that you are logged into TBP, and to know when you are interacting with TBP platform applications and websites, our widgets and share buttons, and our advertisements. You can remove or block cookies using the settings in your browser, but that may impact your ability to use TBP.
We do not own or operate the applications or websites that you use through the TBP platform (such as games and utilities). Whenever you connect with an application or website, we will receive information from them, including information about actions you take. In some cases, in order to personalize the process of connecting, we may receive a limited amount of information even before you connect with the application or website.
We may institute programs with advertising partners and other websites in which they share information with us. We may ask advertisers to tell us how our users responded to the ads we showed them (and for comparison purposes, how other users who didn’t see the ads acted on their site). This data sharing, commonly known as “conversion tracking,” helps us measure our advertising effectiveness and improve the quality of the advertisements you see. We may receive information about whether or not you’ve seen or interacted with certain ads on other sites in order to measure the effectiveness of those ads.
We may collect information about you from other TBP users, such as when a follower provides follower details, or indicates a relationship with you.
We do not own or operate the applications or websites that provide additional services through the TBP website. That means that when you use those applications and websites you are making your TBP information available to someone other than TBP. Prior to allowing them to access any information about you, we require them to agree to terms that limit their use of your information.
4.4.1 Connecting with an Application or Website. When you connect with an application or website it will have access to General Information about you. The term General Information includes your and your followers’ names, profile pictures, user IDs, connections, and content. We may also make information about the location of your computer or access device and your age available to applications and websites in order to help them implement appropriate security measures and control the distribution of age-appropriate content. If the application or website wants to access any other data, it will have to ask for your permission. You should always review the policies of third party applications and websites to make sure you are comfortable with the ways in which they use information you share with them. We do not guarantee that they will follow our rules. If you find an application or website that violates our rules, you should report the violation to us at Info@thebaseballpage.com.
If the application or website wants to access any of your other content or information (including your follower list), it will have to obtain specific permission from your follower. If your follower grants specific permission to the application or website, it will generally only be able to access content and information about you that your follower can access. In addition, it will only be allowed to use that content and information in connection with that follower. For example, if a follower gives an application access to a photo you only shared with your followers, that application could allow your follower to view or print the photo, but it cannot show that photo to anyone else. You can disconnect from a follower if you are uncomfortable with how they are using your information.
We use the information we collect to try to provide an efficient and customized experience. Here are some of the details on how we do that:
We may contact you with service-related announcements from time to time. You may update your contact preferences at any time through your profile page.
We don’t share your information with advertisers without your consent. (An example of consent would be if you asked us to provide your shipping address to an advertiser to receive a free sample.) We allow advertisers to choose the characteristics of users who will see their advertisements and we may use any of the non-personally identifiable attributes we have collected (including information you may have decided not to show to other users, such as your birth year or other sensitive personal information or preferences) to select the appropriate audience for those advertisements. For example, we might use your interest in the Red Sox to show you ads for Red Sox memorabilia, but we do not tell the advertiser who you are. Even though we do not share your information with advertisers without your consent, when you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement there is a possibility that the advertiser may place a cookie in your browser and note that it meets the criteria they selected.
We occasionally pair advertisements we serve with relevant information we have about you and your followers to make advertisements more interesting and more tailored to you and your followers. For example, if you connect with your favorite team’s page, we may display your name and profile photo next to an advertisement for that page that is displayed to your followers.
We may use information about you that we collect from other TBP users to supplement your profile (such as when you are mentioned in a news feed update). In such cases we generally give you the ability to remove the content (such as allowing you to remove a photo tag of you) or limit its visibility on your profile.
We use your information, including to make suggestions to you and other users on TBP. For example, if you indicate the Red Sox are a favorite team, we may suggest articles related to the Red Sox that will show up on your news feed.
We allow other users to use contact information they have about you, such as your email address, to find you, including through contact importers and search.
Certain downloadable software applications and applets that we offer, such as our browser toolbars and photo uploaders, transmit data to us. We may not make a formal disclosure if we believe our collection of and use of the information is the obvious purpose of the application, such as the fact that we receive photos when you use our photo uploader. If we believe it is not obvious that we are collecting or using such information, we will make a disclosure to you the first time you provide the information to us so that you can decide whether you want to use that feature.
If we are notified that a user is deceased, we may memorialize the user’s account. In such cases we restrict profile access to confirmed followers, and allow followers and family to write on the user’s Wall in remembrance. We may close an account if we receive a formal request from the user’s next of kin or other proper legal request to do so.
TBP is about sharing information with others — followers and people in your communities. We share your information with third parties when we believe the sharing is permitted by you, reasonably necessary to offer our services, or when legally required to do so. For example:
When you enter into transactions with others or make payments on TBP, we will share transaction information with only those third parties necessary to complete the transaction. We will require those third parties to agree to respect the privacy of your information.
When you ask us to invite a friend to join TBP, we will send your friend a message on your behalf using your name. The invitation may also contain information about other users your friend might know.
You may choose to share information with marketers or electronic commerce providers that are not associated with TBP through on-site offers. This is entirely at your discretion and we will not provide your information to these marketers without your consent.
By default, we make certain information you have posted to your profile available in search results on TBP to help your followers find you.
Sometimes we share aggregated information with third parties to help improve or promote our service. But we only do so in such a way that no individual user can be identified or linked to any specific action or information.
We may provide information to service providers that help us bring you the services we offer. For example, we may use third parties to help host our website, send out email updates about TBP, remove repetitive information from our user lists, process payments, or provide search results or links (including sponsored links). These service providers may have access to your personal information for use for a limited time, but when this occurs we implement reasonable contractual and technical protections to limit their use of that information to helping us provide the service.
We may ask advertisers outside of TBP to display ads promoting our services. We may ask them to deliver those ads based on the presence of a cookie, but in doing so will not share any other information with the advertiser.
Although we allow you to set privacy options that limit access to your information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other users with whom you share your information. We cannot guarantee that only authorized persons will view your information. We cannot ensure that information you share on TBP will not become publicly available. We are not responsible for third party circumvention of any privacy setting or security measures on TBP. You can reduce these risks by using common sense security practices such as choosing a strong password, using different passwords for different services, and using up to date antivirus software. We keep your account information on a secured server behind a firewall. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card numbers and passwords), we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We also use automated and social measures to enhance security, such as analyzing account behavior for fraudulent or otherwise anomalous behavior, may limit use of site features in response to possible signs of abuse, may remove inappropriate content or links to illegal content, and may suspend or disable accounts for violations of our Terms and Use. You should report any security violations to us on this at firstname.lastname@example.org
TBP complies with the EU Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of data from the European Union. As part of our participation in the Safe Harbor, we agree to resolve all disputes you have with us in connection with our policies and practices. If you have a question or dispute, please contact us at email@example.com
You (and those you make your information available to) may use tools like RSS feeds, or copy and paste functions, to capture, export (and in some cases, import) information from TBP, including your information and information about you.
Sometimes the advertisers who present ads on TBP use technological methods to measure the effectiveness of their ads and to personalize advertising content. You may also use your browser cookie settings to limit or prevent the placement of cookies by advertising networks. TBP does not share personally identifiable information with advertisers unless we get your permission.
When you click on links on TBP you may leave our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites, and we encourage you to read their privacy statements.
If you violate the letter or spirit of this Statement, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of TBP to you. We will notify you by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account. You may also delete your account or disable your application at any time. In all such cases, this Statement shall terminate, but the following provisions will still apply: 1.0, 2.0, 3.1, 3.2.1, 3.2.3, 3.2.4, 3.2.6, 3.2.8-3.2.11, 4.0, 5.0, 7.8 and 8.0.
You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute (claim) you have with us arising out of or relating to these Terms or TBP exclusively in a state or federal court located in Essex County, Massachusetts. The laws of the Commonwealth will govern this Statement, as well as any claim that might arise between you and us, without regard to conflict of law provisions. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located in Essex County, Massachusetts for the purpose of litigating all such claims. If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on TBP, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim.
WE TRY TO KEEP TBP UP, BUG-FREE, AND SAFE, BUT YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE PROVIDING TBP AS IS WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT TBP WILL BE SAFE OR SECURE. TBP IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES., WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS STATEMENT OR TBP, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF THIS STATEMENT OR TBP WILL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100) OR THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID US IN THE PAST THREE MONTHS. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES, TBP'S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
These Terms make up the entire agreement between the parties regarding TBP, and supersedes any prior agreements. If any portion of this Term is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect. If we fail to enforce any of this Term, it will not be considered a waiver. Any amendment to or waiver of this Term must be made in writing and signed by us. You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Term to anyone else without our consent. All of our rights and obligations under this Term are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise. Nothing in this Term shall prevent us from complying with the law. This Term does not confer any third party beneficiary rights. You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing TBP.
More From Around the Web
On January 30, 1987, the Oakland A’s acquire veteran third ...
On January 30, 1978, Commissioner Bowie Kuhn cancels the rec ...
On January 30, 1959, the Pittsburgh Pirates acquire pitcher ...