Tony LaCava Biography by The Baseball Page
* Bats Right, Throws Right
* Height 6' 0", Weight 175 lb.
* Schools University of Pittsburgh, Gulf Coast Community College
* High School Central Catholic High School
* Born May 21, 1961 in Pittsburgh, PA USA
Tony LaCava has been a long-time scout and executive.
LaCava was undrafted out of Pitt. He signed with his hometown Pittsburgh Pirates. He hit .302/.386/.409 in 21 games for the 1983 GCL Pirates in a utility role and was 0 for 11 with two walks for the Greenwood Pirates. In 1984, Tony fell to .153/.268/.161 for the Macon Pirates to end his playing career. He backed up Dimas Gutierrez at third and Jose Lind at second.
In 1989, Tony was hired by the California Angels as a scout. He moved up to Regional Crosschecker by 1996. In 2000, he joined the Atlanta Braves as their National Scouting Supervisor. The Montréal Expos next hired him, as Director of Player Development, in September 2000. He continued to move around, joining the Cleveland Indians in 2002 as a national crosschecker. That fall, the Toronto Blue Jays named him as an Assistant to the General Manager. He was moved up to Assistant GM in October 2007.By BR Bullpen
More From Around the Web
On December 13, 2006, the Boston Red Sox come to terms with ...
On December 13, 2004, Roger Clemens comes out of retirement ...
On December 13, 1994, the California Angels sign pitcher Lee ...
- Assistant General Manager, Atlanta Braves, Baseball Executive, California Angels, Cleveland Indians, Director of player development, Montréal Expos, Pittsburgh Pirates, Scout, Toronto Blue Jays