- CF, OF, DH, RF, LF
- May 31, 1967
- 180 lbs
- Major League Debut:
- 9-14-1991 with HOU
- Allstar Selections:
- 1993 GG, 1994 GG, 1995 GG, 1996 GG
- June 1, 1988: Drafted by the Houston Astros in the 17th round of the 1988 amateur draft. Player signed June 16, 1988.
- December 10, 1991: Traded by the Houston Astros with Dave Rohde to the Cleveland Indians for Willie Blair and Ed Taubensee.
- March 25, 1997: Traded by the Cleveland Indians with Alan Embree to the Atlanta Braves for Marquis Grissom and David Justice.
- October 28, 1997: Granted Free Agency.
- December 8, 1997: Signed as a Free Agent with the Cleveland Indians.
- November 5, 2001: Granted Free Agency.
- February 1, 2002: Signed as a Free Agent with the Chicago White Sox.
- July 28, 2002: Traded by the Chicago White Sox to the San Francisco Giants for Ryan Meaux (minors) and Felix Diaz.
- November 4, 2002: Granted Free Agency.
- March 14, 2003: Signed as a Free Agent with the Pittsburgh Pirates.
- July 23, 2003: Traded by the Pittsburgh Pirates with Aramis Ramirez and cash to the Chicago Cubs for a player to be named later,Matt Bruback (minors) and Jose Hernandez. The Chicago Cubs sent Bobby Hill (August 15, 2003) to the Pittsburgh Pirates to complete the trade.
- October 30, 2003: Granted Free Agency.
- January 6, 2004: Signed as a Free Agent with the New York Yankees.
- December 3, 2004: Traded by the New York Yankees to the Philadelphia Phillies for Felix Rodriguez.
- November 2, 2005: Granted Free Agency.
- December 20, 2005: Signed as a Free Agent with the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- October 31, 2006: Granted Free Agency.
- December 12, 2006: Signed as a Free Agent with the Texas Rangers.
- July 27, 2007: Traded by the Texas Rangers to the Cleveland Indians for Max Ramirez.
- October 30, 2007: Granted Free Agency.
The largest regular-season crowd in Candlestick Park history ...
On September 30, 1998, former major leaguer Dan Quisenberry ...
On September 30, 1992, George Brett of the Kansas City Royal ...
- Kenny Lofton