The trade deadline is today and here are some deals that have happened in the last 24 hours.
- The Blue Jays first traded outfielder Travis Snider to the Pirates for right-hander Brad Lincoln
- The Blue Jays also traded Eric Thames to the Mariners for Steve Delabar
- The Mariners traded Brandon League to the Dodgers for a pair of minor leaguers: outfielderLeon Landry and right-hander Logan Bawcom
- The Cubs trade Paul Maholm and Reed Johnson to the Braves for right-handed pitchersArodys Vizcaino and Jaye Chapman
- The Cubs traded Geovany Soto to the Rangers for Jacob Brigham
Here’s the worst story of the day.
- One of the Red Sox players most likely to get traded, Ryan Sweeney, punched a door last night and broke his hand (most likely) the night before the deadline. He is getting put on the DL stopping any trade he might be in. That’s one way to block a trade.